Thursday 16 October 2008

Puerta Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico: 330 kms (13184 kms)

We've actually managed to arrive at a destination we set ourselves over cornflakes and coffee this morning. And, as I write, it has been incident free. My new chain is holding, we've managed to purchase a spare and Matt hasn't fallen off his bike. We're now sitting on the beach trying to work our way through a bucket of ice cold cervezas.

Best news of the day has been that the kind folks at the British Embassy in Mexico City have confirmed that I am Stuart Duncan and I should have a new passport delivered to Ciudad del Carmen by Wednesday 22nd October. I then have 2 months in which to loose it again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see it is not all smooth Tarmac for you !
Thought you might like to know we are just about to start the Gjoa Metrology without you... I think you have the better moves. Good luck and I hope your 2 wheels continue to follow each other most of the time. Vernon

Anonymous said...

Couldn't stand this any more so off we went to the Rockies of England, aka The Lake District, where you don't need a passport and can have lots of fun on 2 legs!
Keep on enjoying yourselves.
Mum & Nigel