Thursday 11 September 2008

Nanaimo, BC, Canada: 418.2 kms (3730.4 kms)

During long days in the saddle I have time to contemplate the finer points of life, the universe and everything in between. I have therefore given much thought to the following statement but feel, given the weather experienced on TransAmericas to date, that the following is unequivocally true: the sun shines out of my you-know-where! Not news to me, you understand, but maybe to you readers out there. The evidence is in the unnaturally clement weather that has shadowed me the breadth of the west coast of Canada: days upon days of endless blue skies. The run down Vancouver Island today from Port Hardy was no exception and simply stunning. British Columbia has knocked the socks off me.

I'm staying two nights now in Nanaimo with the Pickells. Tomorrow I'm off to Vancouver to be cultural. Not sure I can pull this off but I'll give it my best shot. Cheers all.

No comments: