Thursday 11 December 2008

Photo Update

Hi everyone. Matt and I will be heading south into Patagonia proper this afternoon (Thursday) but before this I've managed to upload a few of the images I took in Peru, Bolivia and Chile onto the web link to the right. I suspect this will be the last time I manage to do this so I hope you enjoy them. The new photos are from "2008-12-Peru (Machupicchu)".

I would also like to thank everyone who has taken the time to make comments on either the blog or the photo database. Maintaining this blog gives me a lot of pleasure but that is only half the story. To come back a few days later and see what people have written and how the entry has been received is the other half. Like I say, thanks for making it a pivotal part of this adventure. We still have 10 days to go to get to Ushuaia so don't go shy on me just yet. Cheers all. Stu

6 comments:

Paul "Bro" Duncan said...

Well I gotta say that the latest entries in the photobase are amazing. Particularly the ones in Bolivia:

11 & 12 - Salar de Uyuni and then 14 & 17

9 & 11 - Pan Americana. What a road. I fail to believe anyone who looks at that shot and does not want to ride down it in something. I suppose a bike is preferable but I wouldn't say no to a soft top.

I know you have 10 days to go but make sure you keep us up to date - lots of folk read this.

Good luck in the remaining days. Enjoy every goddam last second of it. And no doubt more donations will be made to MSF when you get to the finish line!!!!

Cheers

Mario said...

ok lets go to "la chingada", I mean Ushuaia ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

Anonymous said...

Hey there,

You are still going strong. What a wonderful trip.

Will there be many people in Ushuaia to meet you?

Keep safe on this last leg and have all the fun you can.

Morton from Fugro/isurvey sends his best wishes. We are on the Island Valient together, outside Mongtad.

Keih and I think of you often, drop us a line when you get home. We've moved!

Love

K&Gxx

Emz said...

I've loved following your blog and I will be sad to see it come to an end. However, I will be pleased to see you both again at Heathrow airport on Boxing Day. I can't wait!

I hope the rest of the trip goes well and I wish Matt luck in winning the not falling off quite as much as Stuart contest!

Love Emz x

Unknown said...

Hey Matt and Stu, whom I feel I know well by now. Silly me, I just wrote a comment at the beginning of your oddessy! Anyway, just letting you know I'm following every turn of Yammy's wheels. envious of your visiting 'my' places in SA but hope you didn't miss out on the great chocolate and best ice cream in the world in Bariloche! Continue riding safely and return home on the 21st to a very Merry Christmas and a million happy memories throughout the New Year. Big hug and Happy Holidays to Emily, Matt.

Pat

Anonymous said...

Hi Comrade Stu & Matt,

No problems, it has been a pleasure to keep on missing you...

Hmm...

Comrade Jamieastos
FARC Rebel Leader (Former, now on the run...)
Eastern Branch, on the run....
PS, Can I get a lift..