Tuesday 23 September 2008

Here I come Stu, ready or not!

It is time. My blue Yamaha should now be sat under the watchful gaze of customs at LAX – complete with matching green jerry cans!? I am sat at home in Brackley, contemplating the next 3 months and what may lay in store. Just spoke with Stu on the phone and all is set for our 11:00 meeting on Thursday 25th by the pier on Santa Monica Boulevard. I fly tomorrow morning. Mum is on taxi duty to the airport and yet again I seem to have over packed.

Mixed emotions right now and will miss my wife Emily enormously.

See you stateside……Matt

4 comments:

Paul "Bro" Duncan said...

Hello Matt,

Just wanna wish you all the best. I spoke with Stuey last night from offshore and he's in good spirits. I think you've missed some damn fine scenery these last few weeks. I'm getting fed up with reading about his continued sunshine and mountain scenery!! Enjoy the trip

Paul

Anonymous said...

xHi Comrade Matt,

Wow, on your way, we will make the usual arrangments to meet you in Columbia! Same for Stu, don't worry about a thing!

Comrade Jamieastos,
FARC Rebel District leader
Columbia,

Stuart Duncan said...

Looking forward to seeing you, chap. After three weeks alone I've now exhausted all possible conversations I can have with myself and now realise I'm actually rather boring!!'

Anonymous said...

Have a good trip Matt and thanks for the lend of the van whilst you're away.
I want to see plenty of ramblings and anecdotes with pictorial backup.
did you remember to take your extra large plate, ala Mr Partridge?
Bring me back some Toblerone! oh, that's different country...a small collection of south pacific islands will do...