Thursday 4 September 2008

Dawson City, Yukon, Canada: 565 kms (898 kms)

Yesterday was an epic day as I left AK behind and rode into Canada. Blue skies, autumnal scenery, snooker-table flat tarmac, gravel and a lot of dust; the day had everything. There's a lot of fun to be had in this part of the world on a motorcycle and most of it is off the Alaskan Highway. And not a Harley in sight either! I rode The Top of the World Highway 150kms from Chicken down into Dawson City on seat-of-the-pants loose gravel, something I hadn't been prepared for prior to arriving in Central America. But what a laugh. This is about as North as I'll be as I now start to head south towards mainland USA.

3 comments:

Matt Cowing aka Big Bird said...

Sounds fantastic Stu. Back home now with a garage full of stuff that needs assembling and then some how fitting to the bike!!!

Gravel - back end twitchin I guess!?

Cheers ears, Matt

Unknown said...

Hi Stu,
good to hear that you'r heading down south quite fast!

I hope that you're keep on posting regularly.

Greetz from bavaria

Anian

Anonymous said...

Easy Bro,

Sounds like good stuff. So you now know where Wrangel St Elias Nat Park is eh! Try not to do any wheelies yet. It's cold wet and windy in Edinburger and wifey has a cold.
Safe ridin
Paul and Juliet