Tuesday 16 September 2008

Canon Beach, Pacific Coast, Oregon, USA: 441 kms (4862 kms)

"This town's sick, brah?" For those cinematically savvy, Canon Beach is where they filmed the final scenes of Point Break. And there you all were thinking it was Bell's Beach, Australia. How stupid. It's news to me as well as I had no clue about this before I rolled into this very quaint seaside town tonight. Consider yourself learned. Don't thank me though, you're all welcome! I've gone from one extreme to the other today: 35 degs C at Mount St. Helens to 12 degs C by the coast and both within 160 kms of each other.

1 comment:

Paul "Bro" Duncan said...

Sick brah indeed. Are you gonna visit that empty concrete river channel through the city where Bodie is shooting at Swayze? Dunno the place. Maybe it's in LA. I wish I'd ridden the last three weeks on the road with you through Alaska, BC etc.They will be on my list of places to go.

Enjoy the ride and I hope you haven't listened to "Born to Be Wild" through your headphones yet.

Paul