Saturday 30 August 2008

D-Day

Departure day (Friday 29th Aug) disappeared in a blur of tiredness, tears (I can manfully admit to the world), coffee and the thought of ever actually coming back to Norway alive! This latter thought has, strangely, been my main occuptation these last few weeks prior to my departure. I attribute this to the fact that my tiny mind can not seem to comprehend or digest what the hell I've got myself into. Anyway, I'm now in London and enjoying the fruits of Heathrow! I leave at 1545 for Anchorage, via an overnight stop in Denver, and the veritable chill of a 6 deg C Alaskan day. These tickets are non-refundable so there's no turning back now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When in Alaska, east some Salmon with the bears. Si

Paul "Bro" Duncan said...

Good luck with everything. Apparently it's a bit nippy up in Anchorage right now.
Take it easy squeezer.

Anonymous said...

hey stuart- have a wonderful and safe trip! if you are ever interested in seeing a few of my grandfather's vespa version of the journey, let me know and I'll share a couple of them with you! Good luck! -dee athnos (your ride to seward)

Anonymous said...

Deat Comrade Stuart (can we call you Stu?),
We are looking forward to your arrival, please bring change of pants and toothbrush, you might be with us for sometime.

Comrade Jamieastos
FARC rebel Leader,Columbia.
PS bring some cash we are short :)