Thursday 24 July 2008

Decisions, decision, decisions

Hello folks. I have exactly 5 weeks and 1 day to go before departure from Norway (that's 36 days for the arithmetically challenged) and I've made the bold decision, after a great deal of procrastination, to buy a bigger fuel tank. Boring as this may sound this is a long over due but extremely important acquisition. The current tank holds 15 litres and can't even get me to the shops without the fuel light flashing itself at me. The new 26 litre tank should at least allow me to get back from the shops, and, more importantly, across the 3000km Atacama desert! I will now have piece of mind on the road and this will almost halve the number of pit stops required between Anchorage and Ushuaia. Such a decision doesn't come cheap though, hence the procrastination. Thanks must go to the unknown soldier at http://www.off-the-road.de/ who has kindly given me his tank whilst he waits for another. With a 6 week lead time for such an item I would not have otherwise been able to take delivery of a tank. "Danke schön". Moral of the story: don't think, just buy!

No comments: